POLICE rushed to a Paisley tanning salon late on Tuesday night - after a woman fell asleep in a bed and ended up being locked in by staff.

The incident happened in Tan Tan Tan on Glasgow Road.

Salon owner David Paling described how this is the first time anything like this has ever happened in his 23 years in the tanning industry.

READ MORE: Tiny Glasgow bar named among best live music venues - in the WORLD

He said: “She fell asleep. The girls check each cabin at the end of the night and turn off the sunbed.

“The girl last night thought she’d already finished that cabin.

“She has probably woken up with the sound of the alarm.”

SEND YOUR PICS: Girl’s creepy Halloween headless costume wows the internet - can your kids do better?

“I have apologised to the girl it happened to and made her an offer that she is happy with,” he added, reports the Daily Record.

A spokeswoman for Police Scotland said: “We had a call at 10.50pm to a report of a woman locked within a premises on Glasgow Road.

“Officers attended and the woman was able to get out of the shop.

“The premises was secured.”